Hansen is a radical environmentalist.
- He is credited with starting the global warming movement with his testimony to Congress in June 1988 (in a room with the air conditioning purposefully compromised).
- He predicted in 1988, that the West Side Highway in New York City would be underwater by 2008 due to global warming making the ocean rise.
- He encourages people in the US and in Great Britain to rise up and protest power plants, and “coal trains of death” in order to stop global warming.
- He has said that “deniers” of global warming should be tried for “high crimes against humanity”.
Oddly, NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies has nothing to do with studies of space anymore. Hansen has completely overthrown its original mission. It is now devoted solely to studies of global warming. In his role as director, Hansen is responsible for the creation and management of:
- Climate models that predict global warming, and whose results are used in the IPCC reports to world governments.
- The most well-known and frequently cited temperature database (GISTEMP), tracking the overall temperature of our planet.
Please note that the man in charge of modeling the climate to predict global warming is also responsible for the database of temperatures that is used to verify the model -- an enormous conflict of interest. The “corrections” to the raw temperature data are the foundation of global warming. There is no warming without the corrections (his and others). He is one of a handful of scientists that control the various models and databases of global warming.
And he is a radical environmentalist.
Do you see the problem?